(1) Copy of passport or identity card (including house registration).
(2) Copy of document certifying marriage and divorce (if any).
(3) Medical certificate verifying good physical health, mental stability, indication of the applicants’ infertility (if any).
(4) Document certifying occupation and income.
(5) Document certifying current financial status ( dating back not over than six months).
(6) Document certifying asset.
(7) Four photographs of the applicant and spouse (if any) size 4.5 x 6 centimeters, applicants’ children and the home area.
(8) Copy of law, regulation or document from relevant authorities of the country of domicile or residence of the applicant certifying the eligibility of the applicant to adopt child according to such country’s adoption law.
(9) Copy of law, regulation or document from relevant authorities of the country of domicile or residence of the applicant certifying the eligibility of an adopted child to enter into such country.
(10) Letter of consent for adoption from the applicants spouse or an approval order of the court in lieu of the spouse’s consent (if any).
(11) Copy of work permit for alien (if any).
(12) References from at least two persons.
(13) Application for Child Adoption which the applicants have filled out.
(14) A Home Study Report which should include details of the applicants.
(15) A statement agreeing to supervise the pre-adoption placement, should the child granted probational placement for a period of at least six months and to forward bi-monthly reports to the Department of Social Development and Welfare of Thailand.
(16) Confirmation from COMPETENT AUTHORITY or concerned authority that after the adoption is finalized under the Thai law, it will also be legalized under the concerned Law of the applicants’ country when due.
(17) Police Check/ Criminal Record/ Child abuse Record
(18) Extract of the applicants’ divorce and the commitment to give custody of their children (if applicable).
(19) The psychological assessment of the applicants made by psychologist or psychiatric doctor
(21) In case the applicants contact the private agency, it is necessary to obtain documents as follows:
a. A photocopy of up-to-date of the agency.
b.Statement from the Government Social Welfare Department in that particular country authorizing the agency to handle the intercountry adoption applications.
c. Agreement with the Department of Social Development and welfare.
Documents which are not in English language must be attached with English or Thai translations and be translated and certified by the authorized translator. All required documents from No (1)-(18) (original and translation) have to be certified by the Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate in that particular country.
In case of domestic child adoption, documents (1) to (13) shall be certified by an embassy or consulate of the country of the domicile of the application. In case of international child adoption, documents (1) to (13) shall be certified by an embassy or consulate un the country of the country of the domicile or residence of the applicant together with the following documents from competent authorities, or authorities designated by the government, of the country of domicile or residence of the applicant, or from a child welfare organization of such a country permitted by the government to manage the international child adoption : 1) document certifying the qualification and suitability of the applicant in adopting a child; 2) document declaring the duty to supervise the pre-adoption placement of the child and to report the progress such taking care of the child to the Director-General of Department of Social Development and Welfare in every two months; 3) report on the living and family condition of the applicant; and 4) in case the applicant resides in the country other than a country of domicile, document certifying such residency and period of not less than six months for taking care of the child before adoption.
Completed application and supporting documents shall be submitted to the Department of Social Development and Welfare, Ministry of Social Development and Human Security through an authorized private child welfare organization or relevant authorities of the country of domicile or residence of the applicant.